FAQ External Links

How long does the certificate last?
The letter lasts for 3 months from the date it is issued.
Can you back date the letter?
No, the certificate date cannot change under any circumstances. A new inspection will need to be carried out.
How long will the process take?
After Contacting with us via phone, email or contact form, we will contact with the customer within 24 hour & after visiting the property, we will deliver certificate within 2/3 working days.
How quick can you provide the certificate?
We can provide the certificate within 24 hour depend on the location and level of service choosen.
What happens when I submit my forms?
A Housing Standards surveyor will contact you to arrange an appointment convenient for yourself. The Surveyor will attend your property. They will measure the bedroom sizes and check the condition of the property for any defects. The Surveyor will then tell you if the property is suitable for the person to inhabit the property. Within the next 2-3 working days you will receive your certificate for the Immigration Authorities.
Can my child share my and my spouses/partner’s room?
Only very young children can, up to the age of 1 year old but they must be the biological or adoptive parent.
Can I use the lounge as a bedroom?
If you have two separate lounges partitioned with a solid wall (Normally 300mil) and individual doors from the hallway you can class one as a bedroom. If there are dividing doors or have a walk through lounge you cannot use it as a bedroom. When you have completed the form(s) please return them or bring them, with any supporting documents.
What would you check during the inspection?
The surveyor will measure all the bed room, living room & dining room by electronic measurement tape and the accommodation inspection will involve our surveyor assessing that the property:
  • 1) Is free from Category 1 and 2 Hazards under the Housing Act 2004
  • 2) Is in a reasonable state of repair
  • 3) Is not statutorily overcrowded under the Housing Act 1985, Part X and shall have sufficient space to accommodate both the current occupiers and the applicant
  • 4) Is free from conditions that may present a public health nuisance.
Which information do you require to support the inspection in order to process the Report?
  • 1) Name, Sex, Date of Birth, Passport Number, Current address of the applicant
  • 2) Name and address of the sponsor (if appliable)
  • 3) Copy of a Tenancy Agreement or Proof of Ownership of the property
  • 4) Name and Date of Birth of other occupants in the property to be inspected
  • 5) Relationship of the applicant & residents of the property.
How much does the cost of the report?
It depends on the size, location of the property and the level of service required. Please call/text or complete our online form on the contact us page to get quotation quickly.
Which areas do you cover?
We cover all part of England and Wales. If you need a property inspection for Scotland & Northern Ireland, please contact us to get a quotation.
How can I contact your company?
You can directly call or text us on 07912351329, 02031292648 or email: info@gvec.co.uk or complete our online form on our website, we will contact you.